In this section you will find International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and related interpretations (SIC/IFRIC) as adopted by the EU, as well as information on the temporary carve-out from IAS 39 and fair value/financial crisis debate.
- IFRS are issued by the IASB
- IAS were issued by the IASC, predecessor of IASB till 2000
- IFRIC are standards interpretations issued by the International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee
- SIC were standards interpretations issued by the Standards Interpretations Committee, predecessor of IFRIC till 2002
All the standards and interpretations are adopted in the form of Regulation.
Legislation (all EU languages)
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 1126/2008 of 3 November 2008 adopting certain international accounting standards in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council (Text with EEA relevance) with links to all amendments
- Synoptic table of Regulations adopting IAS/IFRS
- Consolidated text - non-legally binding (all EU languages) : consolidated version of the currently applicable standards enacted by the EU (the consolidated version does not include standards with a future applicability date for which early application is permitted).