Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence
( - Czech Republic - English)
Begin 23/06/2014 - 00:00
End 04/07/2014 - 00:00
Venue Charles University in Prague
The Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence Charles University in Prague, International Hellenic University in Thessaloniki and supported by the LSEE, is ready to launch its second year.
A key goal of the Sumer Seminar, taking place in Prague from June 23 to July 4, 2014, is to contribute in a substantial way to the study of violence and to catalyze the growth of the study of violence as a field.
- led by the best international researchers in the field
- bringing together lecturers from the most prestigious universities such as Oxford, NYU or LSE
- targeting students and graduates of Political Science, History, Anthropology, International Relations, International Law, Journalism and other related disciplines
- course for both undergraduates, (post)graduate students and activists
- taking place at the oldest university in Central Europe
The Summer School will focus on four different but interconnected themes. Every theme will be discussed over two consecutive days, being divided into three subsections (Framework and Theory, Interdisciplinary Approach, Case Study) and a fieldwork. Overall, the Seminar will take place over 10 days, 60 working hours including fieldwork trips. In addition, a weekend trip to Terezín (Theresienstadt) memorial will be organized.
See the program here.