Housing assistance for the
beneficiaries of a form of protection
in the territorial radius of the
accomodation centres (Inoffizielle Übersetzung)
- MIGRATION REASONS
- Refugees (including asylum-seekers)
- SOZIALER ZUSAMMENHALT
- Stadtentwicklung und Wohnen
|City / Region
||Bucharest, Timisoara, Radauti, Somcuta Mare and Galati
Access to housing is one of the most important elements regarding the social integration of the beneficiaries of a form of protection in Romania. Although the current legislation guarantees the right to housing under the same conditions as Romanian citizens, in practice there are issues concerning the effective access to this right. This situation is due to the fact that Romania is unable to ensure housing comparable to the income achieved, due to the fact that the house offer is small and the demand is great. At the same time, the Romanian state does not have the capacity to cover the requests for social housing. The lack of social housing at local level was supplemented by the Immigration Office by either providing subsidies for rent for a year or by ensuring accommodation in a center for vulnerable categories.
Therefore, through an individual counselling and assistance, adapted to the situation of each person with a form of protection, access to housing will be facilitated and thus will lead to a better integration, in particular in what concerns the economic dimension.
The objectives of the project were:
- to facilitate access to housing for beneficiaries of a form of protection;
- to increase the level of information of competent authorities regarding the main obstacles in access to housing for beneficiaries of a form of protection and to create a contact point between public institutions and NGOs acting in the field of assistance of this particular category;
- improving access to housing by offering social and legal counselling;
- monthly financial assistance in view of subsidising partially the rent costs for vulnerable persons with a form of protection, on the territorial range of reception and accommodation centres;
- increasing the level of information of the public opinion, ethnic communities and public institutions regarding the right to housing of persons with a form of protection in Romania and the effects thereof by updating the website of the organisation with information on the situation of these persons and the importance of promoting values such as tolerance, cultural diversity, equal opportunities within a democratic society.
|Wie funktioniert das?
- Setting up the team and organising the project;
- Legal and social counselling, as well as information in view of identifying rentals for persons with a form of protection on the territorial range of reception and accommodation centres;
- Organising a meeting with beneficiaries of a form of protection on the territorial range of each accommodation centre (Bucharest, Timisoara, Radauti, Somcuta Mare and Galati) and with representatives of competent public institutions and NGOs, in view of identifying the needs, main obstacles, possible solutions in what concerns access to housing of this category of persons.
- Monthly financial assistance in view of offering partial subsidies for rent costs for vulnerable persons with a form of protection in the territorial range of accommodation and reception centres;
- Updating the ARCA website regarding the situation of housing in Romania, in Romanian;
- Evaluation and reporting.
- 5 persons employed (1 social assistant, 4 local assistants)
- Facilitation of the access to housing of persons with a form of protection
- The increase of the degree of information regarding access to housing of public institutions and NGOs
- Publication of an informative brochure in Romanian in 1000 copies
- 10 representatives of the Romanian Immigration Office, 10 reps of the City hall and 5 NGO representatives participated in the meetings regarding access to housing of these persons
- 60 people informed on access to housing
- 50 people counselled in view of identifying, renting and signing a lease contract
- 40 persons received financial assistance
Evaluation indicators, sources and methods:
- reports of the project team meetings
- evaluation sessions with the entire team
- monitoring of correspondence with the representatives of public institutions
- feedback received and collected during the project
- participation lists to activities of the project
- the degree of satisfaction of the public institutions and beneficiary organizations related to the actions and evolution of the project.
The evaluation of the outcome of the project was made using the following criteria: outcomes, outputs, efficacy, efficiency and relevance.
The target group of the project was composed of persons with a form of protection in Romania and the members of their families, on the territorial radius of accommodation centers of the Romanian Immigration Office. They were on the verge of leaving the centres due to the fact that their right to accommodation in these centres was about to expire or they wished to rent apartments, but face material/financial difficulties because they are unable to produce enough income to cover their basic needs.
und benötigte Ressourcen
203.980,00 lei out of which:
> 75% EU funding (152.985,00 lei);
> 20% national budget (40.796,00 lei);
> 5% ARCA’s contribution (10.199,00 lei).
The EU funding was crucial for the project. The project team was composed of : 1 project coordinator, 1 project assistant, 1 legal adviser, 1 accountant and 4 local social assistants.