National Round Table: Integration of immigrant (minority) children through education
(Kommunikation - Litauen - Mehrsprachig)
Anfang 14/06/2013 - 09:40
Ende 14/06/2013 - 13:30
Veranstaltungsort General Assembly, Ministry of Education and Science
Organisator Public Policy and Management Institute
SIRIUS is a European Policy Network on the education of children and young people with a migrant background The essential mission of the SIRIUS policy network is to promote and enhance the knowledge transfer among stakeholders in order to improve the education of children and youngsters from migrant background. Its mission is based on three actions:
• Knowledge transfer
• Influencing policy development and implementation
• Bringing together partners from EU countries and key stakeholders, including policy makers, researchers, practitioners, representatives of migrant communities, NGOs, international organizations, etc.
One of the essential part of the SIRIUS activity in 2013 is the National Round Table 2013 (NRT 2013 from now on). The aim of the NRT is to reflect and plan a good practice on policy implementation about the National situation about migrant education, with a special attention to the situation of early school leaving (ESL) within the population of children and youngsters from migrant background. ESL is the key topic for educational policies through the EU, and SIRIUS shares the mission of creating knowledge on ESL and migration with the EU bodies.
The specific goals that the NRT must follow are:
- To identify the National state-of-the-art concerning migration and ESL: figures, contexts, problems and policies.
- To examine the policy implementation problems on migrant education
- To relate the challenges with the ESL current situation in the country.
- To explore strategies and policy recommendations.
- To explore potential good practices on policy implementation that could be planned and carried out during 2014.