4th European Demography Forum
(Kommunikation - EU-Weit - Mehrsprachig)
Anfang 06/05/2013 - 09:15
Ende 07/05/2013 - 14:00
Veranstaltungsort Charlemagne Building - 170 Rue de la Loi, Brussels
Organisator European Commission
On 6 and 7 May 2013, the 4th European Demography Forum will take place. This is a biannual event organised by the European Commission to discuss the impact of future demographic change and focus on enhancing employment for the next 20 years. It will feature 4 workshops on the following topics:
- Inclusive labour markets for young adults
- The gender perspective: reconciliation, quality of care services and women’s labour participation
- Enable people to work longer: measures such as inclusive workplace, reskilling, ITC uptake
- The potential of first and second generation migrants: ageing migrants and children of migrants.
Additionally, 2 policy debates will focus on:
- Regions in rapid demographic and economic decline and how far the social and regional funds can stimulate other funding and create more opportunities for active life. How to develop preventive strategies in the European Social Fund.
- Investing in Europe's demographic future – how the Social investment package will support the drive towards extending Europe's demographic dividend.
The Forum will bring together Ministers, Members of Parliament, local and regional authorities, social partners, and representatives of international organisations, NGOs, academics and independent experts. We expect to have about 300 participants. A parallel Population-Europe event will be taking place in the same venue.
You are welcome to participate in the Forum. While there is no participation fee, we do require that you register. We will also be able to provide some of you with travel and/or accommodation which we will assign largely on first-come, first-served basis.
Please register for the Forum via this link