- Population data
- Births and fertility data
- Deaths and life expectancy data
- Migration and citizenship data
- Marriages and divorces data
- Population projections data
- Statistics illustrated
Taking into account the current trends in population change, the likely future size and structure of the population are projected. EUROSTAT published the population projections in the light of recent developments in population trends.
Population projections 2015 at national level (base year 2015) contains statistical information with reference to:
- projected 1st January population by sex and single year of age;
- the main dataset of assumptions: age-specific fertility rates, age-specific mortality rates and international net migration figures;
- approximated values of the life expectancy by age and sex;
- total numbers of projected live births and deaths;
- projected population structure indicators: shares of various age groups in total population, age dependency ratios and median age of population.
The time horizon covered is from 2015 to 2081 for the projected population and from 2015 to 2080 for the assumptions dataset
Population projections 2015 at national level comprises data for all EU-28 Member States as well as data for Norway.
You can find more information and analysis of the previous population projections undertaken by Eurostat under the Publications heading.