As there are no specific collections of data pertaining to culture and the contribution of culture to the economy, the culture statistics are derived from already existing multi-purpose data collections. The culture statistics concern both social and economic statistics and relate to the following dimensions:
- employment from Labour Force Survey (EU-LFS),
- business from Structural business statistics (SBS), Short-term business statistics (STS),
- private and public expenditure from Household Budget Surveys (HBS) and statistics on Government expenditure, respectively,
- practice and participation from EU Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC), Adult Education Survey (AES) and Information and Communications Technologies (ICT),
- international trade in goods and services (COMEXT, Balance of Payments).
Currently, the culture dedicated section presents the data that refer to cultural employment and international trade in cultural goods.