As there are no specific collections of data pertaining to culture and the contribution of culture to the economy, the culture statistics are derived from already existing multi-purpose data collections. The culture statistics concern both social and economic statistics and relate to the following dimensions:
- employment from Labour Force Survey (EU-LFS),
- business from Structural business statistics (SBS), Short-term business statistics (STS),
- private and public expenditure from Household Budget Surveys (HBS) and statistics on Government expenditure, respectively,
- practice and participation from EU Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC), Adult Education Survey (AES) and Information and Communications Technologies (ICT),
- international trade in goods and services (COMEXT, Balance of Payments).
Currently, the culture dedicated section presents the data that refer to cultural employment and international trade in cultural goods. This section will be completed with information on cultural enterprises, cultural participation and cultural consumption after the release of the publication on Culture statistics in July 2016.