- Waste generation and management
- Transboundary waste shipments
- Key Waste streams
Main objectives of the Environmental Data Centre on Waste
- Provide robust data, indicators and other relevant information to support the assessment of policy effectiveness;
- Manage data, perform quality assurance, and coordinate data and information managed by other bodies (e.g. Directorate General (DG) for the Environment, Eurostat, the Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Environment Agency (EEA), other EU institutions, international organisations such as the OECD and the United Nations);
- Be the central entry point for reporting of data under European Union legislation on waste;
- Be the reference point for answering specific policy questions related to (statistical) information on waste and the associated environmental impacts; and
- Co-operate with DG Environment, the JRC and the EEA to develop and coordinate the necessary methodologies to produce statistical data, information and indicators on the environmental impacts of waste generation and waste management, within a life cycle perspective.
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our services please contact Eurostat's Waste Data Centre team.