Glossary:Community survey on ICT usage in households and by individuals
The Community survey on ICT usage in households and by individuals is an annual survey conducted since 2002, collecting data on the use of information and communication technologies (ICT), the internet, e-government and electronic skills in households and by individuals.
Its main characteristics:
- reference period: first quarter of a reference year;
- survey period: 2002 until now;
- individuals: individuals aged 16 to 74 years;
- households: households with at least one member in the age group 16 to 74 years old;
- internet users: individuals who have used the internet within the last three months;
- highest completed level of education:
- low: International standard classification of education 0, 1 or 2 (no formal education, primary education or lower secondary education);
- medium: ISCED 3 or 4 (upper secondary or post-secondary non-tertiary education);
- high: ISCED 5 or 6 (tertiary programmes which normally need a successful completion of ISCED 3 or 4, or second-stage tertiary education leading to an advanced research qualification).