Foreign language learning
Eurostat publishes below an animation and infographics on foreign language learning in the European Union
Click on the images to download the infographics in PDF
Lower secondary education (International Standard Classification of Education level 2) continues the basic programmes of the primary level, although teaching is typically more subject-focused. Most often, pupils enter lower secondary education at the age of 11 or 12, and the end of this level coincides with the end of compulsory education.
- Eurostat News release on Foreign language learning
- Eurostat: Statistics on languages
- European Commission: European Day of Languages
- Council of Europe: European Day of Languages
- European Commission: Eurydice report "Languages in secondary education"
- European Commission: Official languages of the EU
- European Commission: Language Quiz - test your language knowledge