European Day of Languages
On the occasion of the European Day of Languages, which is celebrated each year on 26 September,
Eurostat publishes an infographic on foreign language learning in the European Union.
Click on the image to download the infographic in PDF
Further information can also be found in the Eurostat news release on language learning at school.
You might also be interested in the following Statistics Explained articles:
- Eurostat: Statistics on languages
- European Commission: European Day of Languages
- Council of Europe: European Day of Languages
- European Commission: Eurydice report "Languages in secondary education"
- European Commission: Official languages of the EU
- European Commission: Language Quiz - test your language knowledge