E-Learning on the Practical Guide
The objective of this course is to help all actors of EU external aid understand the practical implementation of contract procedures through concrete examples.
The Practical Guide is the sole working tool, which explains the contracting procedures applying to all EU external aid contracts financed from the European Union general budget and the 10th European Development Fund (EDF).
The course explains how the European Commission is managing the funds and identifies the procedures applying to all contracts (procurement and grants).
It covers a wide range of issues emerging during the award and implementation of a contract and is presented in an interactive way.
The training is divided in chapters accessible independently.
- General Principles
- General Context
- Programming and budget execution
- Synthesis of Part I - Why?
- Delegated cooperation & co-financing (*)
- Centralised and share management (*)
- Management mode: decentralised (*)
- Management mode: joint management (*)
- Co-financing (*)
- Synthesis of Part II - Who? (*)
- Service Contracts
- Supply contracts
- Works contracts
- Synthesis of Part III - HOW?
(*) These modules are currently being revised in order to reflect the new rules on the methods of implementation of the general budget of the Union which entered into force on January 1st, 2014.