ALFA - Building the Future on Education
ALFA is a programme of co-operation between Higher Education Institutions of the European Union and Latin America. ALFA III retains the original objective of the previous phases of the ALFA Programme, that is, to promote Higher Education in Latin America as a means to contribute to the economic and social development of the region.
- The Alfa III Closing event took place in Lima (Peru) on 25 June 2014. It was followed by a joint ALFA III & Erasmus Mundus – Action 2 coordination event (26-27 June 2014). The proceedings of the events are now available here
- For more information about ALFA III projects please visit the website: www.alfa3programme.eu
- To join the ALFA III virtual community on capacity4dev.eu please click here.
The ALFA III Programme, legally based on the EC Regulation No 1905/2006 of 18th December 2006, is defined by the following specific objectives:
- To improve the quality, relevance and accessibility of Higher Education in Latin America;
- To contribute to the process of regional integration in Latin America, fostering progress towards the creation of a joint Higher Education area in the region and exploiting its synergies with the European Union.
Participant countries are the 27 Member States of the European Union and the following 18 countries of Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.