EU development funding for Peru aims mainly to fight poverty and strengthen institutions.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- rule of law and institutional reform (15%)
- socioeconomic development: productive and commercial capacity (30%) and vocational training (30%)
- regional integration (25%)
More info: Peru Country Strategy Paper [752 KB] 2002-2006
- PRODAPP (Local Development/ Poverty Reduction)
- PRODELICA (Support to socioeconomic development/employment)
- PROPOLI (Social and economic integration)
In 2007-2013, the EC foresees to provide €132M in funding for:
- rule of law and governance (20%)
- integrated social development of specific regions, to increase social cohesion (80%)
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Peru please consult the EC's European External Action Service.