to see examples
in this country
EU development funding for Paraguay aims mainly to reduce poverty and inequality.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- modernising the state and developing institutions (11.6%)
- developing production and improving competitiveness and integration with Mercosur (42%)
- social development and reducing poverty (46.4%)
More info: Paraguay Country Strategy Paper [511 KB] 2002-2006
You will find the list (in Spanish) of current projects on the website of the Delegation of the European Union to Paraguay.
In 2007-13, the EC foresees to provide €117M in funding for:
- education (primary, secondary and vocational) (81.2%)
- regional and international economic integration (18.8%)
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Paraguay please consult the EC's European External Action Service.