EU development funding for Mexico aims mainly to promote social cohesion and economic competitiveness.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- social development and reducing inequality (30%)
- economic growth / reform / competitiveness (35%)
- science and technology (20%)
- strengthening the rule of law and institutions (10%)
More info: Mexico Country Strategy Paper [593 KB] 2002-2006
- PROTLCUEM (Economy, Trade, Regional Integration)
- PRODESIS (Social Development)
- PIAPYME (Economy, Trade, Private Sector)
You will find the list of current projects on the website of the Delegation of the European Union to Mexico.
In 2007-2013, the EC foresess to provide €42M in funding for:
- social cohesion and dialogue on which policies to implement (40%)
- sustainable economy and competitiveness (35%)
- education and culture (25%)
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Mexico please consult the EC's European External Action Service.