to see examples
in this country
EU development funding for El Salvador aims mainly to create growth based on a stable democratic system.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- modernising and democratising the state and improving public safety (27%)
- socioeconomic development in rural areas (22%)
- environmental sustainability (18%)
- health (14%)
- expanding the private sector (13%)
More info: El Salvador Country Strategy Paper [388 KB] 2002-2006
In 2007-2013, the European Commission foresees to provide €121M in funding for:
- social cohesion and public safety (70%)
- economic growth, regional integration and trade (30%)
More info: El Salvador Country Strategy Paper [739 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and El Salvador please consult the EC's European External Action Service.