The EU has been providing Ecuador with development funding for 30 years, mainly to fight poverty, improve social cohesion and support economic development.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- fair access to social services (30%)
- sustainable rural and environmental development (30%)
- economic cooperation (11%)
- transport infrastructure (28%)
More info: Ecuador Country Strategy Paper [277 KB] 2002-2006
In 2007-2013, the European Commission foresees to provide €137M in funding for:
- boosting social measures, particularly in education (54%)
- creating sustainable economic opportunities and improving regional integration (46%).
More info: Ecuador Country Strategy Paper [734 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Ecuador please consult the EC's European External Action Service.