to see examples
in this country
The EU has been providing Ecuador with development funding for 30 years, mainly to fight poverty, improve social cohesion and support economic development.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- fair access to social services (30%)
- sustainable rural and environmental development (30%)
- economic cooperation (11%)
- transport infrastructure (28%)
More info: Ecuador Country Strategy Paper [277 KB] 2002-2006
In 2007-2013, the European Commission foresees to provide €137M in funding for:
- boosting social measures, particularly in education (54%)
- creating sustainable economic opportunities and improving regional integration (46%).
More info: Ecuador Country Strategy Paper [734 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Ecuador please consult the EC's European External Action Service.