EU development funding for Chile aims mainly to strengthen democracy.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- economic cooperation and technological innovation (64.5%)
- environment and natural resources (8.4 %)
- supporting government reforms (27.1%)
More info: Chile Country Strategy Paper [474 KB] 2002-2006
You will find the list of current projects on the website of the Delegation of the European Union to Chile.
In 2007-2013, the EC foresees to provide €41M in funding for:
- social cohesion (40%)
- education: academic exchanges and grants (20%)
- innovation and competitiveness (40%)
More info: Chile Country Strategy Paper [479 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the cooperation framework between the EU and Chile please consult the EC's European External Action Service.