Development funding to Central America aims mainly to support the ongoing process of political, economic and social integration in the region.
EU Aid programmes
In 2002-06, the European Commission provided funds for:
- regional integration, including common policies and institutional consolidation
- boosting the role of civil society in the regional integration process
- reducing vulnerability and improving environmental management
In 2007-13, the EC foresees to provide €75M in funding for:
- strengthening the institutional framework for regional integration (26.5%)
- strengthening customs unions and the related common policies (62.5%)
- strengthening regional governance and improving public safety (11%)
You will find the list of current projects on the website of the EU's Central America office. For more information, please consult the Regional Strategy Paper [491 KB] .
Publication (in Spanish):
- EURONOTAS - EC delegation in Central America and Panama
- Central America - Special Supplement 2008 - Regional Cooperation EU-CA, working together for more than 20 years
- Central America - Special Supplement 2007