Bolivia is a major recipient of EU development funding in Latin America. This aims mainly to reduce poverty.
EU Aid Programmes
In 2002-2006, the European Commission provided funds for:
- fair access to social services (35%)
- food security and sustainable rural development (15%)
- economic cooperation (5%)
- transport infrastructure (45%)
More info: Bolivia Country Strategy Paper [808 KB] 2002-2006
- PRASPANDO (Water and Sanitation)
- APEMIN II (Economic Development - Mining areas)
- FONADAL (Alternative Development and Environment)
You will find the list (in Spanish) of current projects on the website of the Delegation of the European Union to Bolivia.
In 2007-2013, the Commission foresees to provide €234M in funding for:
- generating economic opportunities (41%)
- government action against drug production and trafficking (33.5%)
- sustainable management of natural resources (25.5%)
More info: Bolivia Country Strategy Paper [565 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the framework cooperation between the EU and Bolivia please consult the EC's European External Action Service.