to see examples
in this country
EU development funding for Argentina aims mainly to support reforms to achieve sustainable economic growth, employment and social cohesion.
EU Aid programmes
In 2000-06, the European Commission provided funding for:
- community food projects (APAC) (7.8%)
- health, education and justice (69%)
- technical assistance for trade and economic integration (22%)
- help to implement the EU-Mercosur association agreement (1.2%)
More info: Argentina Country Strategy Paper [616 KB] 2000-2006
You will find the list (in Spanish) of current projects on the website of the EC Delegation to Argentina.
In 2007-13, the EC foresees to provide €65M in funding for:
- Education to increase social inclusion and vocational training capacity (32.9%)
- Economic competitiveness for small businesses (35%)
- Strenghtening EU-Argentina relations (32.1%)
More info: Argentina Country Strategy Paper [418 KB] 2007-2013
For more information on the cooperation framework bewteen the EU and Argentina please consult the EC's European External Action Service.