The first visit of Commissioner for Development Andris Piebalgs to Asia for the ASEM Development Conference II has been featured in the Top News of the European Commission.
One press conferences was held on site during the ASEM Development Conference II, on Wednesday 26th May. The press releases are available below. More information on media coverage will be posted on this webpage shortly.
You can now find online the European Commission RAPID press release, announcing the ASEM Development Conference II.
- Brussels, 21 May 2010 - First visit of Commissioner Piebalgs in Indonesia to sign EU-funded programme in Education and to participate to the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) development conference
An informative MEMO was also published to accompany this release, featuring useful background information on the ASEM process and its overall aims.
- Brussels, 21 May 2010 - All about ASEM - ASia-Europe Meeting to address global challenges
A final joint press release was published following the Conference, signed by Mr. Koos Richelle, Director General, EuropeAid Cooperation Office, and Mr. Dian Wirengjurit, Director of Intra-Regional Cooperation for America and Europe, Indonesian Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- Yogyakarta, 27 May 2010 - ASEM Development Conference II agreed to move towards a more comprehensive, equal and mutually beneficial strategic partnership for sustainable development [128 KB]
- The Final Report of the conference, the Yogyakarta Statement and the Background Study of the conference, among other documents, are now available in the Key Links section.
- Speakers' presentations are now available in the Conference section.
- Pictures and Video available in the Gallery Section.