Understanding China is a project co-financed by the European Commission aiming to deepen European business' knowledge of China. It will provide research, networking and dissemination of information on China to the European business and scientific community.
What is Understanding China?
China has emerged as one of the world’s most powerful economies following three decades of rapid economic growth and progressive integration in the global economy. The capacity at the European level to monitor and benefit from Chinese economic developments should be further enhanced. This is of particular importance for European business and notably for Small and Medium Sized enterprises (SMEs), considering their role as the main driving force for economic growth and employment.
Against this background, Understanding China aims at strengthening EU business intermediary organisations in the support they offer to SMEs in their economic relations with China,by facilitating networking among them and by providing them with access to well-targeted information on China, in cooperation with the EU academic community
The European Commission is co-funding this project through a €2.900.000 grant. The project run by a consortium led by Eurochambres (Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry) will last 42 months until mid 2012. The following activities are foreseen:
- Training: 3 cycles of a high-quality training programme for executives working on international trade and/or China related issues from different European business representative organisations
- Policy Dialogue: Organisation of a series of conferences, SME roundtables and an interactive website
- Business intermediary training programme:
- Selection procedure for 3rd cycle, application deadline 1 May 2011
- SME roundtable "Clean Technology" in Madrid, March 2011
- SME roundtable "Investment" in Stockholm, September 2011
- SME roundtable "Market Access" in Prague, November 2011
- China Advisory Council (in Brussels in Spring, in China in Winter) 2011
- High-level Policy Summit on EU-China key issues, end of year 2011
Where can I find more information?
Project's website: www.understandingchina.eu