2.10.2. Preparing an addendum
The contracting authority drafts an addendum as follows:
1) Use the templates for an addendum provided in Annex B16, Annex C12, Annex D11, and Annex E10.
All references in the proposed addendum to article numbers and/or annexes to be amended must correspond to those in the initial contract.
Any addendum modifying the budget must include a replacement budget showing how the full budget breakdown of the initial contract has been modified by this (and any previous) addendum (see Annex B17, Annex C13, Annex D12, and Annex E3h7).
If the budget is modified by the proposed addendum, the payment schedule must also be modified accordingly, taking into account any payments already made in the course of the contract.
The payment schedule must not be modified unless either the budget is being modified or the contract is being extended.
2) Prepare a dossier comprising the following items:
a) An explanatory note (see the model in Annex A6) providing the technical and financial reasons for the modifications in the proposed addendum;
b) A copy of the request for (or agreement to) the proposed modifications;
c) The originals of the proposed addendum, which is based on the standard addendum and includes any revised annexes.
INDIRECT MANAGEMENT WITH EX-POST CONTROLS:
3) Sign and date all the originals of the addendum and initial all pages of the Special Conditions.
INDIRECT MANAGEMENT WITH EX-ANTE CONTROLS:
3) Send the addendum dossier to the Delegation of the European Union for endorsement (initialling all pages of the Special Conditions) to confirm the EU financing. No endorsement by the Delegation is required in certain cases referred to in the Practical Guide to procedures for Programme Estimates.
4) Send the signed originals of the addendum to the contractor, who must countersign them within 30 days of receipt and return two originals to the contracting authority together with the possible financial guarantee required in the addendum.
5) On receipt of the signed originals from the contractor, the contracting authority checks that it/they correspond(s) strictly to those sent originally.
INDIRECT MANAGEMENT WITH EX-POST CONTROLS AND INDIRECT MANAGEMENT WITH EX-ANTE CONTROLS:
5) On receipt of the signed originals from the contractor, the contracting authority checks that they correspond strictly to those sent originally. One original is kept and the other is sent to the Delegation of the European Union.
The addendum takes effect on the date of the last signature.