The European Commission's Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development and the Asian Development Bank believe that stronger and better partnerships among international actors are key to the success of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We will endeavour to strengthen our strategic dialogue, coordinate our approaches, and consider joint operational solutions that complement and generate synergies with our collaboration with other partners.
A framework for collaboration
By establishing a mechanism for regular consultation, we will aim to create an institutional environment at headquarter and country levels that will help maximise our joint impact on development processes by leveraging each other's interventions. To that end we will aim to:
- strengthen HQ and in-country policy dialogue and planning processes, by more systematically consulting upstream, sharing pipelines, and promoting joint analysis and joint initiatives;
- initiate transformational interventions, by making best and most effective use of the available financial resources and combining them where possible;
- improve the overall mobilisation, allocation, and delivery of resources, by working together to develop innovative financial solutions;
- deepen our partnership by encouraging active collaboration, exploring possibilities such as staff exchanges, joint training and other such initiatives; and
- establish a regular high-level consultation mechanism to set the priorities and themes for enhanced collaboration focused firmly on results.
In so doing, we reaffirm our shared commitment to making a decisive contribution to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, leaving no-one behind in the pursuit of a sustainable future for our planet and its peoples.