Capacity Development and the Reform of Technical Cooperation
Following Europe Aid's aid effectiveness commitments and answering to the European Court of Auditors special report on the effectiveness of technical assistance in the context of capacity development, EuropeAid has embarked on a reform known as the "Backbone Strategy on Technical Cooperation". With this reform, EuropeAid aims at enhancing its approach to Technical Cooperation and project implementation units with a view to support Capacity Development more effectively.
Key documents on reform of technical cooperation
- The Backbone Strategy on "reforming technical cooperation and project implementation units" (2008) [261 KB] .
Guidelines on "Making technical cooperation more effective" (2009) [14 MB] . Annexes [6 MB] to the guidelines including:
- Annex 1: Aid effectiveness commitments in the area of TC.
- Annex 2: Court of Auditors’ recommendations.
- Annex 3: The cycle of operations for "TC support”.
- Annex 4: Quality assessment grid.
- Annex 5: Format for mutual performance dialogue.
- Annex 6: Short guide to EC rules and procedures – How to apply EC procedures to TC.
- Presentation of the guidelines on "Making technical cooperation more effective". [2 MB]
- Toolkit on Capacity Development [2 MB] (2010).
- European Court of Auditors special report on the effectiveness of technical assistance in the context of capacity development (2007)
For further questions or remarks please contact us.