How will the EU boost inclusive growth?
Through 2 flagship initiatives:
- 1. Agenda for new skills and jobs
- for individuals – helping people acquire new skills, adapt to a changing labour market and make successful career shifts
- collectively – modernising labour markets to raise employment levels, reduce unemployment, raise labour productivity and ensuring the sustainability of our social models
- 2. European platform against poverty
- ensuring economic, social and territorial cohesion
- guaranteeing respect for the fundamental rights of people experiencing poverty and social exclusion, and enabling them to live in dignity and take an active part in society
- mobilising support to help people integrate in the communities where they live, get training and help to find a job and have access to social benefits
Regional development and investment also support inclusive growth by helping disparities among regions diminish and making sure that the benefits of growth reach all corners of the EU.
> All Europe 2020 flagship initiatives