The Scientific Visa Package for Third-Country researchers
The attraction of talented third country nationals into the European Union has been expressed as a main policy objective. In order to make Europe an attractive destination for third country researchers, the Scientific Visa Package was adopted, facilitating the entry conditions of third country researchers.
Useful links and information:
- Key information about the Scientific Visa Package
- General practical advice about living, working and travelling in the European Union: Your Europe Advice (YEA)
- Immigration Portal
- To know more
- Scientific Visa Package Monitoring Report Part I - Assessment of the Directive (480 KB)
- Scientific Visa Package Monitoring Report Part II - Assessment of the Recommendation (468 KB)
- Report from the Commission on the application of the Scientific Visa Package (Directive 2005/71/EC) (47 KB)
The Blue Card
The "Blue Card" Directive is a new legislative instrument of the EU aimed at attracting Third Country nationals for the purposes of highly qualified employment. Member States had until June 2011 to transpose it.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.