Insect rearing technician (M/F)
Please note that the job is no longer active!
Ynsect is a world-class pioneer and leading company in insect industrial technologies. We develop insect biorefineries. This breakthrough technology consists, on the one hand, of rearing insects at large scale. On the other hand, it consists of recovering and processing specialty molecule streams for agro-food and feed (proteins, lipids), chemical and high-tech industrial applications (chitin derivatives).
At Ynsect, we all work together to contribute to building a sustainable system to feed the world. We believe that insects are part of the solution, and that it is the right thing to do, right now.
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team as Insect rearing technician, to develop performant and balanced feeds for insect nutrition.
The candidate will be in charge of operating an insect rearing unit. The rearing unit includes test of several rearing processes applied to a larvae production line and a reproduction line, to assure continuous internal supply.
The candidate will also help undertaking experiments to upgrade and optimize production processes.
The candidate will undertake the following tasks:
- Follow-up of material orders and relationship with suppliers;
- Support on lab management and maintenance;
- Application of experience protocols;
- Contribution to the setup of new process lines;
Rearing unit maintenance
- Maintenance of the rearing unit. Feeding insects, controlling insect health, monitoring abiotic factors such as temperature and humidity, carrying out several operations according to process specification, updating process specifications;
- Data collection, consolidation and interpretation;
- Proposing and testing new ideas to improve production;
- Contribution to the general planning and management of the rearing unit
Nr of positions available : 1
Technology - Biotechnology
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
The salary is to be defined according to the experience and profile adequacy to the offer, and does include variable remuneration. 50% of public transportation costs are financed by Ynsect.
|Degree||Primary Degree or equivalent|
|Degree Field||Agricultural sciences|
|Main Research Field||Agricultural sciences|
|Sub Research Field||Agronomics|
|Years of Research Experience||1|
|- Knowledge in animal nutrition – a must have;
- Knowledge and implementation of laboratory and animal husbandry good practices;
- Good knowledge and experience in insect rearing techniques – a must have;
- Good knowledge of lab work methodologies – a must have;
- Affinity for manual labour;
- Good writing skills, common usage of office software (Pack MS Office);
- Autonomy, good interpersonal abilities, initiative, taste for experimentation, affinity for teamwork;
- Interest for sustainable development and environmental care;
|Diploma (DUT, BTS, Bsc - Bac+0- Bac+3) in life sciences, agronomy, entomology or a related field;
Applications consisting in a résumé and a motivation letter will be written in English and sent to the following email address jobs[at]ynsect.com.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
1 rue pierre fontaine
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points