Laser Engineer/ Laser Technologist (Glasgow, UK)Offer by Large Company/SME
Please note that the job is no longer active!
As part of the research and development team at M Squared, you will be involved primarily with the research and development of external cavity semiconductor lasers (VECSEL/QCL), supporting designs from initial concept through to transferring to production, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The position is part of the FP7 project QUANTATEC (contract 286409) on which the successful candidate will be working on as a Marie-Curie Fellow.
The successful candidate will have worked at the leading edge of laser research in an academic or an industrial environment, with a proven track record of innovation. You will also have a sound, detailed understanding of laser design and the physical principles underlying laser systems, and an understanding of the practical requirements of real-world laser applications. The ideal candidate will also have:
• PhD in Physics or related optical engineering field
• Experience in solid state laser design
• An understanding of electronics and system control
• An ability to work as a motivated self-starter, both independently and interfacing with a larger team
• A demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate and drive a project to successful completion within an organisation, whilst keeping within time and budgetary limits
• Awareness of current laser research, applications and new developments in the field
• Experience with optical design packages and mathematical software. Experience specifically with LasCad, and Labview is desirable
• Strong technical writing and communication skills
Nr of positions available : 1
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
|Main Research Field||Physics|
|Sub Research Field||Optics|
|Years of Research Experience||4|
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
1 Kelvin Campus, West of Scotland Science Park
M Squared Lasers Ltd
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points