Assistant Lecturer (asystent)
Only those who meet the requirements set out in Article 109 (1) of Higher Education Act of 27 July, 2005 (Journal of Laws No. 164, Item 1365 as amended) (art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 27 lipca 2005 r. - Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (Dz. U. Nr 164, poz. 1365, z późn. zmianami)) and the following eligibility criteria may enter the contest:
* candidate should hold the M.Sc degree,
* have the ability to teach and consult in Polish, and the ability to teach in English;
* declare willingness to give classes for the informatics program at the graduate level;
* show experience in international collaboration with scientific institutions, participation in conferences and schools;
* have publication record in one or more of the following areas:
- computational intelligence, artificial intelligence, machine learning, fuzzy logic, neural networks;
- signal analysis, image analysis, pattern recognition, data mining;
- bioinformatics, neuroinformatics, biomedical applications of informatics;
- computational modelling and simulations
- information systems, natural language processing;
- programming languages;
- visualization of multivariate data, computer graphics.
* declare to be included to minimum academic staff complement at informatics course at the MSc level.
Nr of positions available : 1
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Comment/web site for additional job details
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (form to be downloaded)
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration under art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 109 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (form to be downloaded)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (form to be downloaded)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the ustawa z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997r. o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. Nr 101 z 2002 r. , poz.926, z późn. zm.)Act of August 29, 1997. Personal Data Protection Act (Journal of Laws No. 101 of 2002, Item 926, as amended. amended)) (form to be downloaded)
The university does not provide accommodation.
Documents should be submitted to the Dean of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics in Toruń, Grudziądzka 5, room 355, on or before 31/08/2014
The contest will be adjudicated no later than 30.09.2014 r.
Your expected employment will commence on 01.10.2014 r.
The application should refer to WFAiIS-14/KIS/2014
NCU declares the right not to choose any candidate.
Forms to be downloaded: http://www.umk.pl/en/employment/forms/
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
ul. Grudziądzka 5/7
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points