return

Job details

Job posted by William Harvey Research Institute (15/07/2014 17.17)

Marie Curie Actions funded job vacancy Second Call OPEN: WHRI-ACADEMY fellowship programme for experienced researchers

Our Second call for fellowship applications is now open. All the documentation related to the Second Call for Proposals is available in the Section “Application pack” of the project's website.
The project's website is www.whri-academy.eu.

Description

WHRI-ACADEMY is a new mobility fellowship programme which aims to provide multidisciplinary projects to researchers to help to maximize their career development opportunities in healthcare and life sciences.

The deadline for submission of proposals is on 13 October 2014, 17h00 UK time.

Nr of positions available : 18

Research Fields

Medical sciences - Medicine
Pharmacological sciences
Medical sciences

Career Stage

Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
More Experienced researcher or >10 yrs (Senior)

Research Profiles

First Stage Researcher (R1)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Established Researcher (R3)
Leading Researcher (R4)

Benefits

As a general rule fellows in the WHRI-ACADEMY programme must be appointed by their Host
Organisation under an employment contract for the duration of their fellowship except in adequately
documented cases or where national financial regime regulation would prohibit this possibility. When
an employment contract cannot be provided by the Host Organisation, the fellow must be recruited
under a status equivalent to a fixed amount fellowship, provided that it is compatible with the national
legislation and that adequate social security is provided (but not necessarily paid from the fellowship).

The financial rules of the funding programme Co-funding of Regional, National and International
Programmes (COFUND) will apply. WHRI-ACADEMY contribution per fellow corresponds to 40% of the annual fellowship cost. The Host Organisation must certify that they will meet the remaining 60%.

WHRI-ACADEMY is open to include new institutions as Host Organisations.

Fellows will receive a Living allowance. The Living allowance will depend on the experience of
the selected fellow. The Host Organisations are allowed to use their own salary scales to support the
costs for the fellows’ salary costs. The EU contribution is a fixed amount based on an average of EUR
58,000 per fellow-year. In addition, the Marie Curie country correction coefficients will be applied to this figure.

The Mobility/Travel allowance is EUR 1,500 per fellow-year and family status is not taken into consideration. In addition, the Marie Curie country correction coefficients will be applied to this figure.

The research cost contribution will be provided for the benefit of the fellow. The amount is EUR 15,000 per fellow per year. In addition, the Marie Curie country correction coefficients will be applied to this figure. It includes costs associated with scientific activities of the fellow to cover “non-investment” expenditures of her/his project.

Comment/web site for additional job details

www.whri-academy.eu




GET MORE! The EURAXESS Services Centres
 

To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.

Application Deadline

13/10/2014

Envisaged Job Starting Date

01/02/2015

Application e-mail

x.sandin@qmul.ac.uk

Other job details
Job ID

33942575

Country

UNITED KINGDOM

Type of Contract

Temporary

Status

Full-time

Hours Per Week

40

Street

Barts and The London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry

Postal Code

EC1M 6BQ

City

London

State/Province

London

Company/Institute

William Harvey Research Institute

EU Research Framework Programme
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?

FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions

Project's Marie Curie Grant Agreement Number

608765

Company/Institute
William Harvey Research Institute

Centre for Endocrinology
Public Research
Barts and The London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry
EC1M 6BQ - London
London - UNITED KINGDOM
email x.sandin@qmul.ac.ukhttp://www.whri.qmul.ac.uk

QR-Code