ITN project iCARE - ER 5: Experienced researcher (ER) on “Integration and protocol development”.
The Swedish Institute for Disability Research at Linköping University (Sweden) is seeking to fill the position of a PostDoc (Experienced Researcher). This full‐time position is available for 24 months, starting in January 2015.
The aim of the ER is to develop a general protocol with regard to optimizing spoken communication.
Tasks and methodology:
• To gather information and results from different parts of the iCARE project and to develop models and protocols in order to optimize spoken communication in children with hearing-impairment or deafness.
• Statistical analyses of results from different parts of the iCARE project.
• To implement and develop guidelines for the protocols.
• Participation in national and international conferences.
• Outreach activities through involvement in national and international networks for practitioners and parents.
The Swedish Institute for Disability Research (SIDR) at Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden, has research tradition in interdisciplinary research on various populations of individuals with disability. SIDR is also host for an excellence centre in cognitive hearing science, Linnaeus Centre HEAD. HEAD is financed by the Swedish Research Council 2008 – 2018.
We are seeking for a candidate with a PhD degree in psychology or a related field with skills in statistic and statistical modelling. Candidates should have excellent grades, an interest in interdisciplinary thinking and working, and a positive attitude for international collaboration. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
How to apply:
To apply, provide (in English, in pdf) by e-mail to Bjorn.Lyxell@LiU.se:
1) a letter of interest (including motivation relevant to the research topic)
2) your detailed curriculum vitae (including study curriculum, relevant research experience and a publication list)
3) your diploma and transcripts (including translation if possible)
4) two references and their full contact information
5) English language proficiency test results (if available)
Nr of positions available : 1
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
The regular benefits of the Swedish universities apply.
Comment/web site for additional job details
The project is part of a multi-partner Marie-Curie ITN project, iCARE (Improving Children's Auditory Rehabilitation), ITN-PEOPLE-2013-ITN-607139.
The objectives of improving Children’s Auditory REhabilitation (iCARE) are:
- to provide training to create a new generation of researchers capable of exploiting the synergies between different disciplines to optimize spoken communication in children with hearing impairment,
- to combine research across disciplines to develop novel methods, training skills and procedures for improving auditory rehabilitation.
iCARE is an international and interdisciplinary consortium from academia, industry and socio‐economic agencies and offers a choice of 11 PhD and 3 postdoc positions, starting June or July 2014. Each project is supervised by a multidisciplinary team of experts and will benefit from extensive training. A secondment to the project's industrial associate partners is part of the job description. The candidate will actively participate in the consortiums training activities and symposia/schools. For further details on the project , see www.icareitn.eu.
Eligibility criteria for Early Stage Researchers (ESR):
You have at the time of recruitment less than 4 years of research experience, and you are without a doctoral degree.
Eligibility criteria for Experienced Researchers (ER):
At the time of recruitment you are in possession of a doctoral degree or you have at least 4 years of research experience.
Mobility criteria for all fellows (ESR and ER):
The researcher must not have resided, worked or studied in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the time of recruitment. Compulsory national service and/or short stays are not taken into account. Special rules apply for international (European interest) organizations.
For a full description of the eligibility conditions see: http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/about-mca/quick-guide/index_en.htm.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
University of Linköping
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
SE-581 83 - Linköping
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points