Technicians (Lasers, Particle Accelerators, Optics, Mechanics, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, IT, nuclear field) at Extreme Light Infrastructure – Nuclear Physics (ELI-NP)
Extreme Light Infrastructure – Nuclear Physics (ELI-NP), a new Center for Scientific Research for a broad range of science domains: fundamental physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, applications in material science, life sciences and nuclear materials management.
•Building the facility (2013-2014)
•Purchasing the two major pieces of Equipment: two high power lasers and the gamma beam system (2013- 2017)
•Preparing the TDRs for the experiments and auxiliary laboratories
•Promoting the future multidisciplinary research opportunities of ELI-NP to users
•Defining and implementing the conditions necessary for the future operation
Implementation phase of the Project: to ensure the timely delivery and the commissioning of the two systems, their integration with the construction. The design and development of the ELI-NP experimental areas will be performed.
Operational phase: pursuing the scientific program of ELI-NP and maintaining the best performance of the systems.
The ELI-NP Technicians will ensure the technical support for the equipment and the experiments during both the implementation and the operational phases of ELI-NP.
• acquiring the necessary knowledge and getting sufficient expertise for monitoring the functioning of the installation and of the equipment. In this context, some of the Technicians will benefit from training at the equipment suppliers regarding the assembling, testing and commissioning of the equipment. Therefore, these candidates should be available to travel and work abroad for a definite period of time;
• providing technical support for scientific and engineering activities;
• providing technical support for intermediate and final delivery-taking stages;
• providing the technical support for the preparation and development of the experimental setups;
• providing assistance and technical support during the operational phase to maintain the best performance of the ELI-NP systems.
Nr of positions available : 10
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
motivating salary based on qualifications and experience; social insurance; medical insurance
|Main Research Field||Physics|
|Sub Research Field||Other|
|Degree||Primary Degree or equivalent|
|Years of Research Experience||3|
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
Horia Hulubei National Institute for Research & Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering (IFIN-HH)
Ilfov county, Magurele
Reactorului Street, no.30
Reactorului Street, no.30
- Ilfov county, Magurele
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points