One or two profiles of Quantitative/Computational/Systems Biology
at PreDoc/Postdoc level are needed at:
LISM – Laboratory for Integrative Systems Medicine (http://www.lism-cnr.eu/)
The projects of interest for this application involve research on networks, and applications in the cancer field.
1. Junior or senior candidates can apply.
2. If you communicate fluently in english
and want to work in an international research environment, please let us know your interest.
Quantitative background from one (or more) of the fields listed below:
1. Applied Mathematics,Optimization,Networks
2. Computational Physics
3. Computer Science/Medical Informatics
5. Machine Learning,Signal Processing,
7. Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
All your research experiences need to be documented (please show evidences of titles, projects, courses, references, etc.)
Especially relevant skills for the quant profile are:
1. Experience in graphs/networks (design, inference, annotation).
2. In-depth understanding and implementation of methods and development of
algorithms for statistical and machine learning classification, clustering, predictive
3. Experience on omics and clinical data analysis, in particular gene regulatory networks, protein interactomes, development of diagnostic tools, bio-image processing.
Candidates with programming/scripting experience are also welcome.
In particular, proficiency in one or more mainstream programming languages (C, C++,
Java, Python, Perl, etc.), together with the understanding of relational database design
and SQL/DBMS systems (e.g. MySQL, PHP, Oracle).
Clear demonstration of experience in analysis and modelling of biomedical and clinical
data must be provided.
Desired technical characteristics:- Expertise in methods and technologies involving Database and Datawarehouse
resources utilized for integrative analysis of omics and clinical data.
- Experience with ontologies, data exchange standards, data mining, etc.
- Expertise in visualization methods (ex. Cytoscape) for use with bio-platforms.
- Buikding computational Pipelines,
- Implementing Software tools, Data fusion, mining and assimilation,
- Biological annotation.
Interested candidates should send:
2. One page with a list of research topics (i.e. ongoing projects)
3. earliest availability
4. contact names
to the following address: email@example.com
Nr of positions available : 2
Mathematics - Applied mathematics
Medical sciences - Medicine
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
CNR - National Research Council
Via Moruzzi, 1
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points