Early Stage Researcher in the field of numerical modelling
Early Stage Researcher (ESR) in the MOTORIST project will define the most severe motorcyclist impact conditions and reconstruct it using human body model (HBM). She/he will create multi-body simulations of the rider body kinematics and impact conditions of human segments during typical powered two wheeler (PTW) accident scenarios. The accidents will be then re-simulated using various items of personal protective equipment (PPE) coupled to HBM in order to analyse the PPE related to injuries.
The particular work concerns several stages:
- identification and reconstruction of most severe PTW accident scenarios,
- validation of HBM in PTW accident scenarios,
- development of FE models of PPE
- PPE validation and coupling to HBM,
- injury analysis by numerical simulation.
Nr of positions available : 1
Engineering - Mechanical engineering
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Competitive salary,
- Personal career development,
- Internships abroad,
- Access to cutting edge technologies, advanced hardware and software equipment,
- Educational and language courses,
- Favourable conditions of public catering,
- 6 weeks of holiday,
- Recreational, housing and sports facilities,
- Workplace located on university campus in Plzen with following features:
--- attractive location in an industrial, science and cultural centre of West Bohemia,
--- very good accessibility from the city centre (c.15 min. by public transportation) as well as from the capital city Prague (c. 70 min. by car),
--- good housing situation in close surroundings.
Comment/web site for additional job details
|Degree||Master Degree or equivalent|
|The candidate should have Engineering or Biomechanics or Materials degree and an adequate mathematical and computational background.|
|Following requirements are welcome:
- MBS and/or FEM knowledge,
- experience with CAD and CAE,
- experience with MATLAB or similar software,
- experience in data mining and analysis.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
University of West Bohemia
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV