Tenure track (Structural Engineering, 2 positions)
The positions are available at the Department of Civil Engineering. The department is part of the Faculty of Business and Built Environment at Tampere University of Technology. The department has been recognized as the leading university-level teaching unit in the field of Civil Engineering in Finland. The core of the department's strategy is the interaction between the basic and applied research.
The Department of Civil Engineering is inviting applications to two tenure track positions in the following fields:
1) Structural Engineering and Design
2) Structural Engineering and Mechanics
The positions will be filled at the level of Assistant Professor (2nd term), Associate Professor or tenured Professor in accordance with the University's tenure track -system.
Candidates in all areas within 1) Structural Engineering and Design or 2) Structural Engineering and Mechanics are encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate placed on any of the levels of the academic tenure track system is expected to:
- lead, provide and develop education in his/her field at the undergraduate and graduate levels based on strong competence and expertise
- pursue and supervise scientific research, in position 1) especially by utilizing the department's state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and in position 2) especially concentrating on computational and experimental research
- acquire external funding and iteract with society
- promote the utilisation of research results
- participate in the activities of the University and international scientific community; and
- commit to the strategies of the department and the whole University.
Nr of positions available : 2
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Comment/web site for additional job details
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
Tampere University of Technology (TUT)
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV