« Postdoctoral position – EU Bio-Inspire project» (M/F)Offer by Large Company/SME
Please note that the job is no longer active!
Project description: Bio-inspire is a Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) on bone regenerative therapies. In BIO-INSPIRE, a technology platform will be developed for full tissue regeneration of a range of critical sized bone defect types and patient characteristics, and the next generation of leading tissue engineering scientists will be trained.
Your role in BIO-INSPIRE will be to identify the therapeutic advantages of the combined use of scaffold and cells for orthopaedic applications as well as design subsequent clinical trials. Responsibilities include the management of the in vitro and in vivo assays, development of study designs and protocols as well as contribution to the industrial feasibility. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and/or the R&D Director.
An integral and interdisciplinary training program on bone regeneration will be provided by a consortium of seven renowned European academic and industrial partners with complementary expertise consisting of Fujifilm (recombinant-collagen scaffolds, NL), ISTEC (natural bio-mineralisation, IT), Erasmus Medical Center (growth factor technology, NL), Medicyte GmbH (stem cell technology, DE), Fraunhofer Institute (bone cell therapy, DE), Universita di Bologna (Orthopaedic Therapies, IT) and Bone Therapeutics.
Company: Bone Therapeutics S.A is a fast Belgian growing biotech company specialized in the treatment of bone diseases using cell therapy. At the forefront of science and medicine and leader in its field, the Company develops innovative cell products for the repair and regeneration of bone tissues, using its proprietary stem cell-based technology platform. With a strong portfolio of advanced clinical programs (phase II and phase III) and preclinical programs, the Company is organized as a « mini-pharma » with departments of Preclinical Research, Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Clinic and Administrative.
You will be in charge of:
- Management of the assays (in vitro and in vivo tests), study design and protocol development as well as scientific writing and reporting
- Study the industrial feasibility (production processes according to GMP etc…)
- Ensure compliance with the study documentation, traceability and contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes; Review of scientific literature and related new technologies
- Collaborate with other departments (preclinical, quality control, production, regulatory affairs, clinical trials, IP…)
- Participate to international congress and meetings
Nr of positions available : 1
Biological sciences - Biology
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Position mainly based in Brussels (BE)
- 2 months in Erasmus Medical Center (NL) & 1 month in Fraunhofer Institute (DE)
Comment/web site for additional job details
- Concluded Ph.D. Degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Molecular or Cellular Biology...
- At least 4 years of experience (but not exceeding 5 years!) in the field of Biological and/or Clinical research or development settings (from the starting date of the PhD)
- Applicants should not have resided or performed their main activity in Belgium for more than 12 months in the last 3 years!
- Knowledge of all the concepts mentioned in the function profile
- Experience within the biotech industry and/or R&D environment
- Team player able to work on his own, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Reactive to deadlines, pro-active, dynamic and resistant to stress
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English are required
- An experience in cellular therapy and/or bone pathologies is an asset
- Willing to travel in other laboratories in Europe for few months
|Main Research Field||Biological sciences|
|Sub Research Field||Biology|
|Degree Field||Biological sciences|
|Applicants should not have resided or performed their main activity in Belgium for more than 12 months in the last 3 years!|
|Years of Research Experience||4|
|Degree||PhD or equivalent|
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
To be defined
Allée de la Recherche
BONE THERAPEUTICS S.A.
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points