2-yr Marie Curie ITN Experienced Researcher (post doc) Position: Gaze-contingent paradigms and solutions in language and perception research.Offer by Large Company/SME
Please note that the job is no longer active!
Tobii Technology and the LanPercept network is seeking a visionary and energetic researcher with good programming skills to undertake a 2-year Research Position (experienced or post-doctoral researcher) as part of an EU funded Marie Curie Training Network. The researcher will develop and test gaze-contingent solutions suitable for language and perception research and other similar fields. Of special interests are paradigms in which participants’ gaze behaviour can be combined with audio stimuli, visual stimuli and other events.
Tobii Technology is a Swedish high-technology company, based in Stockholm, that develops and sells eye tracking solutions and services for psychology, vision, user experience and market research.
The LanPercept network intends to bridge for the first time the gap between basic and applied research, both in clinical settings and in industry. The LanPercept network started its activities in 2012 and is composed of 10 European partners (8 academic and 2 industrial/private institutions), hosting a total of 11 ESR/PhD projects and 4 Experienced Researcher projects. Tobii Technology is a full LanPercept partner. To learn more about LanPercept please visit: http://www.ntnu.edu/lanpercept
We expect that you have:
• Excellent programming skills in Python and/or Matlab (knowledge of other programming languages are a plus).
• Have experience of psychology, language or perception research, preferably with experience from research lab.
• Have some previous experience of eye tracking research.
• Comply with all of the Marie Curie ER criteria in terms of citizenship, residence, career and education (see below).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Have adequate knowledge of and an interest in new technology.
• Are a self-going “doer” with good research skills and knowledge.
• Are available to start and relocate to Stockholm, Sweden for two years starting January-June 2014.
Marie Curie ITN Criteria for ERs:
• You should not be a resident or national of Sweden. You have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Sweden for more than 12 months in the past 3 years.
• At the time of recruitment you should: 1) be in possession of a doctoral degree, independently of the time taken to acquire it, or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience and 2) have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience.
LanPercept offers you:
• To participate in a stimulating research project focusing on developing new and exciting eye tracking solutions for language and perception research.
• To take part in an extensive and unique international training program preparing you for your future career.
• Close interaction and collaboration with 4 other ERs, 11 ESRs, 8 European universities, and 2 industrial/private sector partners, through exchange visits, network meetings, training events, and conferences.
• Competitive salary and benefits according to the FP7 ITN (2 years).
Apply as soon as possible by submitting your CV and an application letter (minimum 2 pages) outlining your background, experience and interest in the topic.
For more information about the ER position at Tobii Technology in Sweden please contact Tommy Strandvall, Global Training Manager, phone: +46 8 522 951 32.
Nr of positions available : 1
Language sciences - Linguistics
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Comment/web site for additional job details
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV