Group Leader Solid Electrolytes
We are now inviting applications for the position of Group Leader in the area of POWER STORAGE; BATTERIES AND SUPERCAPS (EES), to lead the development of Polymer electrolytes for Li- or Na-based batteries.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individual to:
- Define research directions and technical strategies for the electrolyte group.
- Develop roadmaps and work plans, leading the Polymer Electrolyte Research Line.
- Write proposals to secure funding from government and industrial sources.
- Design, implement, and optimize solid electrolyte based on polymers for Li- or Na-based batteries.
- Hands-on ability to guide scientists in the lab.
- Manage a team of scientists, post-doctors, and technicians.
- Coordinate collaborations with industries, universities, and other technical centers.
We are looking for:
- A PhD in Solid-state chemistry, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or related fields is required, as well as > 5 years direct R&D experience in research and development of electrolytes.
- Expertise in the design and synthesis of polymeric electrolytes.
- Proven leadership and management skills and team building experience.
- Record of directing multi-year research and development programs.
Applicants should be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Basque will be considered useful but not compulsory.
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters.
CIC Energigune is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Nr of positions available : 1
Chemistry - Physical chemistry
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
We are offering a permanent position that will give you a unique opportunity to custom-build your own laboratory and research team. The basic group structure; one postdoc, one technician and one or two PhD students, start-up investments and consumables will be funded directly by the CIC to the Group Leader. Depending on the qualification of the successful candidate the initial budget could be increased.
As a Group Leader you will find a flourishing scientific community conducting synergistic research in both the universities and other CIC Labs already operating in the region.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, the CIC Energigune offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as life insurance, special conditions for a private health insurance, etc. that compare favorably with the best global private and public institutions
The Fundación will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
Comment/web site for additional job details
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
To be defined
Parque Tecnologico de Alava, Albert Einstein 48, 01510 Miñano, Alava, Spain
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV