Ref. No: CAL-05/13 - Senior Researcher in Laser Processing Simulation.
• Analysis of actual capacities, definition of needs and participation in the definition of strategic research lines in simulation of laser micro processing.
• Development of research activities in the field of laser micro processing simulation. State of the art at international level.
• Numerical models development for micro processing simulation with general and specific purpose CAE software.
• Launching of new R&D projects, market uptake.
• Networking with technological and scientific partners at EU level.
• Scientific support for technical services offered by AIMEN to industry, related with manufacturing processes simulation.
• Scientific publications and communication to the international scientific and industrial community.
• PhD degree in Physics, Materials Science or Engineering, preferably in the domain of simulation of laser micro processing.
Specific Competences and Skills
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in FEM simulation of micro manufacturing processes.
• A proven track record of scientific excellence should be demonstrated.
• Management of R&D projects.
• Advanced command of both written and spoken English.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in laser microprocessing.
• General purpose FEM codes: COMSOL, ABAQUS, etc.
• Specific purpose FEM codes SYSWELD.
• Programming: MatLab, Python, Fortran.
• Simulation of micro manufacturing processes.
• Participation in EU funded projects.
• Experience in EU projects.
• Publications in journals of the Journal Citation Reports.
• Communication skills, teamwork oriented and leadership.
• Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise.
• International experience.
• Knowledge of Spanish.
Nr of positions available : 1
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
More Experienced researcher or >10 yrs (Senior)
Established Researcher (R3)
Leading Researcher (R4)
• You will become part of a prestigious and solid organization, in continuous development and introduced in the main industrial sectors.
• Competitive salary according to your skills and experience.
• Career development.
Comment/web site for additional job details
Since 1967, AIMEN has contributed with its efforts and initiative to the strengthening of the competitive capacity of its associates and customers, through the promotion and execution of R&D&i activities and the provision of high added value technological services, evolving, adapting to, and anticipating the technological needs of the industrial sector.
Over 40 years of experience and success, more than 100.000 technical reports issued, and our leadership and active participation in over 100 R&D&I projects annually, endorse the brilliant history of the Centre. With a customer and partner base of over 800 organizations, AIMEN has an international presence in over 20 countries (2012). Nowadays, AIMEN has a first class reputation in:
• Materials Research
• Joining Technologies
• Laser Applications
In addition, the Centre provides a wide offer of services that confer AIMEN a unique character regarding its capacity to meet the different needs of the Industry: Inspection and NDT, Industrial Design, Simulation, Automation, Civil Engineering, Industrial Organization, Environmental Services, Technology Transfer and Specialized Training.
Should you have any question, please, contact us by email at email@example.com stating the Job reference in the Subject of your email: CAL-05/13.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
To be defined
Relva 27A, Torneiros, 36410 -SpainTelf:+34 986 344 000Fax:+34 986 337 302
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points