ERS/EU RESPIRE 2 Marie Curie Post-doctoral Research Fellowships in Respiratory Science and Medicine
Please note that the job is no longer active!
ERS/EU RESPIRE2 post-doctoral Marie Curie Fellowship opportunities in the broad field of
respiratory science, co-funded by the European Union. The programme is aimed at
experienced researchers from any discipline and will help fellows to become the future leaders in respiratory research.
The 3rd and final round is now open
Deadline: 31 July 2015
RESPIRE2 Fellowships are established to enable promising researchers from any field to carry out advanced research projects (24 months) of scientific excellence in the area of respiratory medicine and science. The Fellowships are open to all nationalities but the Fellowship is to be undertaken in a European country other than the candidate's own, within a certified RESPIRE2 Host Centre: www.erscongress2013.org/respire. The RESPIRE2 Programme targets outstanding and experienced investigators, clinicians & allied respiratory professionals (with a PhD or at least 4 years full-time research experience); who are required to have at least 1 first author publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
Nr of positions available : 24
Medical sciences - Medicine
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
The RESPIRE2 post-doctoral research fellowships programme co-funded by the European Union:
• supports the most talented scientists to strengthen the respiratory specialty
• increases transnational mobility by enabling access to Europe’s top centres
• increases career development and networking opportunities
• offers attractive post-doctoral funding (€64,600 per fellow-year) and excellent working conditions
Comment/web site for additional job details
DEADLINE APPLICATION (3rd & final round): 31 July 2015
|• Distinguished pre-selected respiratory centres in Europe are exclusively eligible to host the post-doctoral fellows. These centres have committed to provide excellent working conditions and support to the fellows during their fellowship, such as contribution to research costs (€20,000 per fellow-year), mentoring, career support and development, social security coverage, an employment contract, etc.
• Candidates can look for a research group and apply directly via the respiratory host centres’ web registry www.erscongress2013.org/respire to check the host centres’ recruitment interest and submit an application to ERS for a RESPIRE 2 fellowship together with the relevant host unit/supervisor.
• Duration is 24 months exactly (may not be reduced nor split).
• RESPIRE 2 aim is to develop the “future leaders in respiratory research”. It aims to attract experienced researchers from any discipline that are seeking to develop and strengthen their career.
|• Open to experienced researchers from any discipline, even those not traditionally associated with respiratory research (immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, etc.), being ERS members or not, to carry out a project in the broad field of respiratory science.
• At a minimum, candidates must be PhD degree holders or postgraduates with the equivalent of 4 years full-time research experience.
• Candidates must have at least one first-author publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
• There is no upper age-limit criterion of eligibility, nor will the programme discriminate candidates who experienced a career break.
• Open to candidates of all nationalities, whether based in Europe or not.
|• The proposed research should be of scientific significance and have high impact to the broad domain of respiratory science, while serving the goal of promoting the ERS Roadmap and efforts on chronic disease across all disciplines: www.ersroadmap.org
• Compliance with ethical provisions within the submitted application files will be required http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/ethics_en.html, as well as the outline of a career development plan.
• Fellowships must commence after funding decision dates as there is no retroactive funding.
• Candidates can expect a funding decision within 4-5 months of the application submission deadline.
|• It will not be possible for fellowship recipients to combine a RESPIRE 2 COFUND Fellowship co-financed by the European Union with other Marie Curie Actions Grants or any other double-funding concurrently towards the fellow. An individual researcher cannot benefit, at the same time, from more than one Marie Curie Action nor from any other concurrently running double-funding.|
|• Host centres interested in hosting ERS/EU-RESPIRE-2-funded post-doc fellows and applying with them to this post-doctoral fellowship competition to benefit of a 2-year collaboration with a fellow fully salaried through the RESPIRE 2 grant (€64,600 per fellow-year) can register their department via the rolling call and submit a RESPIRE 2 Host Application. Background, eligibility information and application form are available under: www.ersnet.org/ers-funding/fellowships/item/4592-respire2-host-application.html|
|• Candidates should carry out a 2-year research project in an eligible RESPIRE 2 Host Unit located in Europe in another country than their own (transnational mobility across borders is required) offering them new research prospective to which they did not have access before.
• ERS RESPIRE 2 Fellowships are granted to perform advanced research of scientific excellence in the broad respiratory specialty. They are intended to support clinical research, translational research and basic science.
• When applying the candidate’s application must already involve an agreement with the host centre.
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
ERS European Respiratory Society
Avenue Sainte-Luce 4
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points