Please note that the job is no longer active!
As part of the advanced wireless analog/RF team, we are looking for a system engineer that can understand RF standards, evaluate coexistence issues and model the whole chain including baseband DSP. In particular, with the trend to move the A/D interface earlier in the receiver chain and implement architectures that approach the software defined radio paradigm, it becomes very critical the ability to thoroughly model the A/D interface, with behavioral models of the RF chain and the DSP processing stages down to a baseband metric such as SNR/BER/EVM.
The candidate should be able to move with ease across the different domains, interface with analog and digital designers and adopt the necessary tools to model and verify the system.
• Excellent understanding of wireless communication systems
• Ability to translate standard requirements into implementation constraints, and to model the impact of non-idealities to system performance
• Experience in the analysis of coexistence of different RF standards
• Good Digital Signal Processing skills, from algorithm definition to implementation architecture
• Good understanding of analog/RF block modeling, performance figures and implementation constraints
• Ability to move across several simulation platforms, from mixed-mode simulations to matlab to custom C++ models.
Nr of positions available : 1
Engineering - Electrical engineering
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
According to Italian National labor law and standard benifit of the company. To be discussed personally
|Main Research Field||Engineering|
|Research Sub Field||Electrical engineering|
|Years of Research Experience||4|
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
Viale delle repubblica 38
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV