Laser Engineer/ Laser Technologist (Glasgow, UK)Offer by Large Company/SME
Please note that the job is no longer active!
M Squared Lasers develops and manufactures next-generation lasers and photonic instruments that bring new capabilities, higher reliability and greater ease of use to a diverse range of industrial and scientific applications.
With a broad depth and breadth of experience, M Squared's expertise, applications knowledge and product portfolio span the entire laser performance spectrum, from continuous wave (CW) to femtosecond (fs) lasers, and from deep ultraviolet (DUV) to terahertz (THz) wavelengths.
As part of the research and development team at M Squared, you will be involved primarily with the research and development of terahertz laser systems, supporting designs from initial concept through to transferring to production, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The position is part of the FP7 project HYPERIAS (contract 324445) on which the successful candidate will be working on as a Marie-Curie Fellow.
• An experienced researcher, currently holding either a doctoral degree, or having at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have worked at the leading edge of laser research in an academic or an industrial environment, with a proven track record of innovation. You will also have a sound, detailed understanding of laser design and the physical principles underlying laser systems, and an understanding of the practical requirements of real-world laser applications. The ideal candidate will also have:
• A Master's Degree or above in Physics or related optical engineering field
• 4+ years industrial experience in laser design, or a Ph.D. with 2 years of industrial experience. Experience specifically in optical parametric oscillators and terahertz sources is a plus
• An ability to work as a motivated self-starter, both independently and interfacing with a larger team
• A demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate and drive a project to successful completion within an organisation, whilst keeping within time and budgetary limits
• Awareness of current laser research, applications and new developments in the field
• Experience with optical design packages and mathematical software. Experience specifically with LasCad, and Labview is desirable
• Strong technical writing and communication skills.
Nr of positions available : 1
Technology - Optronics
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
|Main Research Field||Physics|
|Sub Research Field||Optics|
|Years of Research Experience||4|
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.
1 Kelvin Campus, West of Scotland Science Park
M Squared Lasers Ltd
FP7/People - Marie Curie Actions
Publish your job vacancies & fellowship programmes or Post your CV
ERC National Contact Points