'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers.
Please note that the job is no longer active!
The Centre of Excellence for Research in Target Discovery, a new partnership among FAPESP, Glaxo-SmithKline and Butantan Institute, has a postdoctoral position available in the Laboratory of Biochemistry at Butantan Institute, São Paulo, Brazil.
As requirements, candidates should have:
- Ph.D. degree, preferentially in bioinformatics, but applicants having equivalent skills and interests in computer science, statistics, and biomedical sciences will also be considered.
- Experience in the bioinformatics tools, especially data mining, and ability to interpret the data generated from OMICS platforms (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics) to in vitro and in vivo models used for screening bioactive molecules (toxins, venoms, animal secretions).
- Fluency in, at least, one programming language and ability of mastering quickly new computational tools.
- Experience with Python, Perl, R, Java, C/C++, Linux, and web server development (ideally Django) is desirable.
- Knowledge of databases, such as MySQL Server or PostgreSQL, as well as previous experience in processing and managing high-throughput sequencing data.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy robust workflows and custom scripts to support the analyses of high-throughput data mining to generate novel hypotheses or insights related to inflammation and immunology.
- Ability to set up, configure and manage Linux-based operating systems.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Knowledge on immunology, inflammation, biochemistry, computational biology/chemistry, and bioinformatics is a strong plus.
- Fluent English (writing and speaking) and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team are essential.
This opportunity is open to applicants of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP's Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 6,143.40 monthly, and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship, which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
Those who need to move to the city where is located the headquarters of the research institution may request the benefit related to accommodation expenses (visit www.fapesp.br/en/5427).
Interested applicants should send their applications to Dr. Ana Marisa Chudzinski Tavassi (To: email@example.com / Cc:firstname.lastname@example.org). The application must include the following items: a cover letter outlining research accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and two recommendation letters.
Please note that the full description may be available in the national language since some job boards have their own publication policy. Thank you for your understanding!
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
GET MORE! The EURAXESS Services Centres
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.