'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers.
Please note that the job is no longer active!
The research will be conducted within the Seventh Framework Programme TOWARDS EUROPEAN SOCIETAL SUSTAINABILITY, among the following activities: development of the standardised assessment data sheet (task 2.2); analysis of success factors and constraints of initiatives (task 3.3); case studies integration (task 4.1). Candidates should have a strong background on sustainability transition theory, on the role of social innovation and community-based initiatives for sustainable development and for the reduction of green-house gasses emissions, on carbon accounting systems and ecosystem services, on sustainability indicators and the evaluation of the social, economic, political and technological impact of sustainability initiatives, on the rebound effects and the green paradox, on multi-dimensional techniques for the evaluation of projects, and on fieldwork research and survey techniques through structured questionnaires.
Please note that the full description may be available in the national language since some job boards have their own publication policy. Thank you for your understanding!
Geography - Economic geography
- a good knowledge of the topics indicated in the section “description of the research”.
- experience in the participation in research projects covering similar topics and that resulted in scientific publications on international journals.
- ability to write scientific works in English.
- ability to use statistic software like R, Spss, SAS or similar.
- ability to use the geographic information system software ESRI ArcGIS
- the candidates will be examined by a commission and grades will be given according to the points system and criteria outlined in Art. 6 of official call. See compleete call on web site:
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.