'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers.
Please note that the job is no longer active!
The research aims at a better knowledge of the earthquakes as a physical phenomenon through their reproduction at a reduced and observable scale (analogue models):
The research activity will concern:
• Set up and analysis of Analogue Models at different scales to reproduce both fossil and active geological processes.
• Elaboration of data acquired during the experimental phases and production of digital models allowing the data sharing.
• Comparison between experimentall results and other data coming from investigations in the study areas (field data, seismological and geodetic data)
• Contribution in updating of national databeses(es. DISS dell’INGV), througha better definition of the geometries, kinematics and surface effetcts of the studied faults.
Please note that the full description may be available in the national language since some job boards have their own publication policy. Thank you for your understanding!
The public call with detailed attendance and selection rules can be found at: www.unipv.eu/on-line/Home/Ricerca/Assegnidiricerca.html.
Main requirements:1) university degree awarded by Italian or foreign Universities recognized as equivalent - for the purposes of establishing the equivalence, candidates must provide the necessary documentation to enable the evaluating board to proceed with the qualification assessment; 2) scientific or professional curriculum; 3)Ph.D. title.Further specific assessable qualifications:
1)PhD in Earth Sciences
2) publications of structural geology (GEO/03) on National and International Journals
3)sound knowledge of analogue models setup and analysis procedures
4)research experience in field analysis and in the comparison between field data and analogue models
5)excellent knowledge of English (and Italian), with particular reference to the scientific language
6)awards for publications and/or oral presentations in Scientific meetings
The application form, signed in original, have to be: 1) submitted by means of the standard template that can be found at the above address; 2) supplied with the scientific-professional curriculum and proof of identity; 3) supplied with the list of publications and copies of them; 4) supplied with any further documents / certificates / self-certification foreseen by Art. 4; 5) sent by post service (no e-mail, no website) in original paper copy to the Department of interest (see Art. 4). The candidate selection will take place on the basis of the documented qualifications and a personal interview, completed by a test concerning the knowledge of one or more foreign languages (Art. 6 - par. 1)
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.