'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers.
Please note that the job is no longer active!
Aluminium wheels are typically produced by low pressure die casting (LPDC) followed by solubilization and artificial ageing. Therefore, foundry technique and heat treatment define the casting microstructure and, subsequently, its performance.
The research project will be organized as follows:
- literature review on the state of the art about low pressure die casting, on T6 treatment and on fatigue resistance of LPDC castings;
- study of the melting phase;
- study of the die filling and casting solidification;
- study of the heart treatment;
- mechanical characterization of some samples;
- evaluation of process parameters (alloy quality, filling, mould temperature, heat treatment) influencing the casting fatigue resistance.
Please note that the full description may be available in the national language since some job boards have their own publication policy. Thank you for your understanding!
To better plan and organise their stay in a foreign European country, researchers and their families can also benefit of the free and personalised assistance offered by the EURAXESS Services Centres, a network of more than 200 centres located in 40 different European countries.