2nd RBMPs (2016-2021)
All RBMPs have been approved by the River Basin Authorities, except for the plan for Sicily. Final adoption by the Government is pending (i.e., the approval with Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers foreseen under article 57 of Legislative Decree 152/2006 that serves, under Italian Legislation, to give to the plans RBMPs and FRMPs a value of normative acts).
1st RBMPs (2009-2015)
- The Commission's assessment of the Italian River Basin management plans is now available here :
- Italy has 8 river basin districts, out of which 2 are international sharing water courses with France to the west, Switzerland and Austria to the north and Slovenia to the east.
- No central webpage is available to provide information on the implementation of the Water Framework Directive.
- Italy reported its River Basin Management Plans to the Commission in March 2012, as adopted by the RBD institutional committees.
- Each of the 8 river basin districts consists of more than 1 region. Italy first carried out a consultation process on regional water protection plans (piani di tutela delle acque). This process was followed by the consultation on the River Basin Management Plans at river basin district level (piani di gestione).
- The River Basin Management Plans can be found on the pages of the respective competent authorities:
- Key documents and links to key documents are also available centrally in the Commission's CIRCABC on line library.